Saturday, April 4, 2015

Repelling with Los Tortugas Candados

Pura Vida!
It has been a great day so far for Group II on the rain forest repelling. We all woke up around 5:30 to finish packing, load the bus, and eat a delicious breakfast consisting of eggs, ham, toast, coffee, and juice before departing for the repel site. Most of us were a bit intimidated on the steep ride up but just as excited for the adventure ahead. After strapping on our gear and collecting gloves and a helmet, we walked down the path to our first drop. This was about 100 ft high and quite the plummet. I will never forget the scared feeling in my stomach upon looking over the edge. Nonetheless, one by one we all went down (some more gracefully than others) next to two magestic waterfalls that the guides were so happy to let us experience. By this , I mean, we were all soaking wet by the end of it. All the repels were lots of fun, pushing us out of comfort zone a bit. After putting on some dry clothes, we ate lunch and jumped back on the bus. I am pretty sure I'm the only one awake right now, so I should probably take a nap. Pura Vida and see you tomorrow!!
Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment