Monday, March 30, 2015

Day Three Tortugas Candados


    Hola chicos y chicas! Currently, all I can say about this trip so far is wow. From hiking in the rainforests, the amazing beaches, and (unexpectedly) the delicious food, Costa Rica has hit every expectation, and today was no exception. As we began our journey through the coastal region, the Tortugas Candados traveled to Cahuita Park a embark on a snorkeling and hiking expedition. My favorite part of the morning was definitely going face to face with a white face monkey. Surprisingly, nobody (except for McKay) got too sunburned And we still had a great time. After completing the hike, we went to lunch in a small restraunt in Puertoviejo which had the greatest ice cream I've ever eaten! After that, we went on a nice stroll of downtown Puertoviejo and checked out the multiple shops downtown. Although I didn't buy to much merchandise, it definitely taught me about both the people and the culture of the country. To finish off the day, we returned to the hotel and decided to play a nice game of beach football where we met a kid from Costa Rica who, conveniently was also John. Looking back on today I learned a lot about myself and my group. It turns out Nicholas is insane at Karate, Chris's new name is Michael Phelps, and even I learned that I'm not the best dancer. To my mom, dad, Ann, and any other family member who is reading this, I love Yall, miss you guys a ton, and I haven't starved to death!
Pura Vida! John Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment