Monday, March 30, 2015

Group 3 community service

Today we went to a school in a village called El Sol where we helped to build benches, railings, bookshelves, and paint the school. This was so much fun because we are able to leave something great behind in Costa Rica that means a lot to the community. It was also great to interact with the kids that came to watch us fix up their school. We played a big game of soccer with the kids on a mountainside and I took lots of pictures. In the end we left the school feeling happy and accomplished about the work we did. Costa Rica is beautiful, and I can't wait to see more of this amazing country.

Mom & Dad: Miss you lots! I'm having such a great time! And I'm bringing you back some Costa Rican coffee :) so get pumped.

Mary Beth & Josie: I miss y'all lots and I hope y'all are having a good time with Granny!

Pura Vida,
Rachel Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment