Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Our home stays, Group 3

We arrived in Tres Equis on Sunday and we're welcomed with warm hugs and lots of delicious food  . After meeting our families we made our ways to our houses where we would stay for the next two nights. As soon as Katherine K. and I walked into our house, our two host sisters gave us bracelets and drawings they had made. We all braided each other's hair and got to know one another as we waited for dinner. As we left today, we gave our families our gifts and said sad goodbyes. Each family gave us unique gifts, traditional to Tres Equis. My homestay family gave Katherine K. and me huge bags of DELICIOUS coffee that will make having to come home a little easier! The kindness and hospitality that the people of this small town exemplified was something that I, as well as all the others, will never forget. My experience at my home stay left me with so much knowledge about  the culture and lifestyle in Tres Equis, giving me great memories that will last a lifetime!!

- Olivia Schraibman
Ps. Hey family! Hope y'all are having a great time in DC. Love and miss y'all!!

The food at the home stays was absolutely amazing. At my house, our mom knew how to cook! Liddy, Katherine T, and I ate many beans and rice, as well as chicken and fish, eggs, plantanes, and a lot of bread! Though all of this food is a bit difficult to digest, it is worth the stomach aches, and I can't wait to try even more different foods the rest of the trip! Also, not having any technology gives our eyes rest as well as our bodies because we get much more sleep! We're also a lot more social!!! Something to keep in mind when arriving back at our real homes... ;)
-Franny Marella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment