Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Perezosos Peligrosos Back Online

Perezosos Peligrosos Just left Tres Equis and is on the way to La Fortunate.  Though we have been offline for a while, that doesn't mean we don't have a lot to say:

I loved the home stays and meeting my host family. The food reminded me so much of my moms cooking which was really nice. White water rafting definitely got me out of my comfort zone but it was so much fun even though I almost fell out multiple times! Pura Vida!!
-Skylar

While whitewater rafting, our guide let me be the guide. This has inspired me for a future career; adios parents, Dodge, & Victor I'm staying in Costa Rica to further my career as a whitewater rafting guide on the Pacura River. Pura Vida.
-Dana

Catch me on Harvard's rowing team after the rafting expedition with Señor Angel, Henry, and Desiree. The only injury I've acquired so far has been tripping while walking out the door of my host family's home in Tres Equis. After a tumultuous night of rooster crowing and sickness, I peaced out of the village and am now headed to go caving, where my stature finally favors me.
-Madison

Hey mom, dad, jay, and Peter😊 I had a lot of fun with my host family! They were a very nice family. The squad went rafting the other day and I nearly fell out of the boat, sweet! I hope y'all are okay! Saranghae! ❤️
-Dezzy

I would say that our Costa Rican dance lessons last night taught me that I'm a terrible dancer, but I was already fully aware.
-Marguerite

Hola everyone, group two has had quite the adventures from rafting to experiencing the home stay with a Costa Rican family. The work we did at Escuela de Sol to pour concrete, paint tables, and many other tasks made for a very eye opening experience where everyone learned something valuable. The families were extremely nice and welcoming which added a lot to our experience. Hope everyone at home is doing well and can't wait to see y'all on Friday. Pura Vida!
-Trent

The past couple days have been quite interesting considering I don't know Spanish at all, but with the help of TJ I was able to communicate a little haha. This he families were so sweet and the food was amazing. I can't believe the trip only has 3 full days remaining. It started off really slow but it's gotten a lot faster. I love this place :)
-Mary Wylie

The home stays were a bit awkward because my Spanish skills are lacking significantly. However, they made a huge effort to understand me and I enjoyed working at the school with the kids.
-Laney
PS: yesterday was the first slothless day. shocked and upset. holding out hope for today.

Hola! The past couple of days have been incredible. Nothing could can beat jumping out of the raft and swimming in a canyon the other days. Speaking as a member of the Latin squad, I was definitely most worried about the home stay going into the trip knowing little to no Spanish. However after the past couple of days, this experience was one I'll remember forever. I had a blast working at the school, learning the salsa, teaching them how to shag, and getting a big victory for USA over the Costa Ricans in soccer (Try not to lose @Patrick).
-Brad


To whom it may concern, rafting was exciting. Due to the recent events involving a certain appendix, I was not able to partake in the 5 hour long white water rafting adventure. Instead I was kept at the rafting place with nothing to do but read. In better news I read 170 + pages of a book. The home stay ays were eye opening as I got to realize how little Spanish I actually know. Luckily Trent was there to translate. Adios!
-Edward

Well I just spent two days with my host family and I have to say my Spanish was incredible. Tre and I had a different experience trying to communicate with people who knew little to no English. Dad, I showed them the card trick you taught me when I was a kid and they thought it was incredible. We are on the way to the volcanos and I am praying for my first hot shower this whole trip at the hotel. Mom, Dad, and Oscar I guarantee I am having a lot  more fun than y'all are! Adios!
-Henry A.

After a miscommunication error when I ended up in a house with a cat (very allergic), Skylar and I had to switch houses, but both families I met were very kind. Sidney and I were with an awesome family with 3 kids. Working at the school has been the most impactful part of my trip so far. I have actually been really able to implement my Spanish skills and communicate pretty well with everyone. I even have a new boyfriend mom and dad, who gave me a pair of earrings (He's 10)! Pura Vida!!
-Anna

Hola mi familia! I've had a great time in this amazing place. From rafting to doing community service this has been one of the best experiences I've ever had. We are currently heading to the caves and then off to the ziplines. I'm excited to see what is left in store for group 2 (Perizosos Peligrosos). See you soon.
-Ethan


The last couple of days have been amazing, Mary Wylie and I communicated as much as we could haha. I went from a 1 to a 10 in an hour, but everything is good now. By the way, Sid and I have settled our differences, I attempted to catch her when she fell on a rusty gate... The key word there was attempted. Pura Vida, @rivers we are same person w/ host fams and I wish this trip would never end.

-Teh- Jotah (wap) (TJ)

Hi mom
-Charles

Yesterday we played soccer against a team of locals, and we won! (They probably went a little easy on us) Afterwards we learned some traditional Costa Rican dances and spent more time with our families. Though I'm sad we're leaving our families I'm looking forward to the cool activities ahead of us!
-Sidney

Hola. We just finished the home stays and surprisingly they didn't speak French so communication was difficult. Luckily Rex was able to translate everything for me. We learned how to salsa and taught everyone how to Cupid shuffle and dab. #lit

-Henry R


Hola! I just had an amazing time at the homesteads. Even though they did not speak any English, our hosts treated us like family and we had some good laughs together. Also, we won our soccer game against a team of locals, and I scored a goal. Although I am sad to leave my hosts, I'm excited to see what's in store for our group in this wonderful country.

-Rex

Hola. I had a great time with my host family. My host mom made me a lot of rice, and she even made me a cake to celebrate my birthday.

Tre'







No comments:

Post a Comment