Friday, March 23, 2012

From Caroline P

Hola amigos! Yes Mom and Dad, I am still alive! This Costa Rica trip has been amazing so far... and it keeps getting better.
Today, after visiting a school to exchange cultures, we drove up a mountainside to go zip lining. It was so much fun! Let's be real here, the views are screensaver material. These are not your average zip lines. We took a chairlift to the top of the mountain and that was just the beginning of our fabulous experience. There were a total of 8 zip lines- the first one was 650 feet above ground! (I might have wet my pants a little bit...) The longest one was half a mile long and it was awesome!! You literally felt like you were flying. This has been my favorite part of the trip so far.
After a day of zip lining, we went to a yummy dinner and hung out at the hot springs at the Hotel Kokoru. We sat in the hot springs drinking our strawberry smoothies... diva move I know. No big deal or anything, just your average day on a Hammond field trip!
No offense to the other groups, but we definitely have the best group ever!! Mrs. Stowe and Coach Kimrey are the best... LOS RUDOS. This place has been quite the experience, I can't wait to tell more about it when I get home!

-Caroline P

PURA VIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment