Friday, March 23, 2012

I LOVE KIDS! From Catherine H

What's up 803! It's Catherine!! Hi Mom, Hi Dad, Parker, Maggie, and Bodie!
So this morning we went to a school in a cute little town known as Tanque. Let's just say, they thought I, as well as the rest of Group 2 were celebrities. By the time we left, we had signed a solid 73 autographs.. and that's probably an understatement.
When we first arrived, they gave us a tour of the school. Two kids had even prepared notecards for us! This school was pretty up to date, compared to the other schools we have visited.. they had a computer lab and everything. However, all the kids were still thoroughly impressed with Coach Kimrey's iPhone. After the tour, a group of girls prepared a cultural folk dance for us and in return, we sang the Star Spangled Banner, Ain't no Mountain High Enough, and the Hammond Fight Song! They LOVED the "ra ra ra's" and even demanded an encore after each song! To finish our visit, we played a pretty intense game of soccer! (I accidentally decked a boy but he was all smiles after). The funniest part of the visit was seeing all the girls drool over Michael L, who apparently looks a lot like Justin Bieber.
Not gonna lie, seeing these kids has been my favorite part of the trip so far. They were so stinking adorable! But then again, I think all kids are adorable! I have never felt so welcomed by a group of people as I have in Costa Rica.. they seriously love Americans. The best is knowing they share a deep love of Justin Bieber with me! :)
A week is WAY too long for me to be away from my family. Mom, Dad, Parker, Maggie.. I miss y'all so much. I also miss being able to flush toilet paper (we can't here in Costa Rica). But guess what?! I'm going to be home in a few days and there's a big hug waiting for y'all! I love you bunches!

-Catherine

PURA VIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment