Monday, March 24, 2014

From Claire

    
Hola everyone! As I write this, I am currently laying in the sun on the warm Caribbean beach, listening to the ocean, enjoying the breeze, and sharing a freshly cut pineapple with my good friend Chuck. Yes, I'm in my paradise. About 24 hours ago, I was still on the 6 hour bus ride trying to get to the beach. Prior to this long bus ride, Group 1 repelled down a mountain and through a waterfall, all while encouraging each other to complete the task at hand. Through each challenge, our group grows closer and closer, and we are all having a blast. Next, we arrived around dinner time and devoured some American food (finally!!!) at Jungle Love. We returned to our hotel, greeted by the welcoming feeling of no AC- needless to say we all had our fans on full blast. We then enjoyed a night's rest and woke up, ate some breakfast, and hit the road. Our first activity was a hike through the jungle, learning about various flora and fauna in Costa Rica, trying fruits and even termites along the way. A few of us were brave and put banana spiders on our faces.



We hiked up to Miss May's Point, a beautiful drop off overlooking the clear blue Caribbean. 



We then ate a seaside lunch and headed to the beach. 


Half of the group went kayaking down a river, this time looking at the river flora and fauna. We got to see monkeys, sloths, and I even held a turtle in my hands. The other half of the group layed on the beach and kayaked when we returned. So now, Group 1.Awesome is laying on the beach and swimming in the ocean, all while soaking up some harmful UV rays (don't worry mom, I put on sunscreen). We are soon going to be packing up and leaving to return to the hotel, with plans involving a pizza delivery in mind. Adíos for now, I'll be back. 
Xoxo America, Claire

PS: Miss ya Mom and Dad. Hope y'all are having a great spring break! Lots of love your way

To Brooks, Landon, and Abigail, don't forget about me okay thanks 



No comments:

Post a Comment