Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tres Equis- group 2/Jungle Turrists

Tres Equis is one of the most interesting towns I have ever been to. It is a very small town, maybe a little bigger than the size of Hammond. I really enjoyed my homestay because I got to see a completely different culture than my own. At first it was difficult since my family did not speak any English. However, in the end Isabelle and I were able to make our family laugh with our lack of Spanish social skills. Yesterday we spent 6 hours at the elementary school in Tres Equis. We accomplish so much in so little time. We painted a whole building, planted a lot of plants, built a playset, and played with the adorable Costa Rican kids. Here is a picture of the playset that Mac, Knox, and Franklin built, and that I got to paint! ~Abigail Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment