Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Day In The Life (Ann & Ellie)

¡Pura vida a todos!

Today, Group III took their shine to the max. We departed from Puerto Viejo and headed to our first adventure of the day--snorkeling. We saw a bajillion colorful fish and sea creatures and learned that Costa Rican weather is extremely deceiving. Between the two of us, we have successfully gained numerous heinous sunburns including a "Chaco burn" (Ann) as well as a knee brace burn (Ellie). We then trekked kilometers through the wild, biodiverse jungle and encountered many special species including a nuggety baby sloth. Mr. Rice's dreams then came true when he found not one but two snakes. The group also learned that EVERYBODY is working for the weekend as we travelled from one location to the next. Although the bus trips were long, we had our faithful bus captain, Juan Carlos, who turned 52 años old today, to take care of us. We ended the day by relaxing at the hot springs of La Fortuna. All in all, our Costa Rican experience has been quite a memorable one, and we can't wait to see what is in store as our adventure comes to a close!


Hey Mom and Dad! I hope y'all are having a great time at the beach, and the weather has been muy fantástico! I miss y'all so much, and please tell John I miss him too. Also, please tell him that I have eaten chicken every single day, and he could definitely survive here. I love you and can't wait to see you and tell you all my many stories and adventures when I get back!
Love, Ann

Dear Locke flock,
Happy late birthday Henry and William!
I hope everyone is enjoying the pink elephant at Boca! I miss everyone! I now know what a bat sounds like because there is a bat chilling in our room (his name is Ernie). My knee is a little swollen but nothing to prevent me from pursuing my adventure. I did not get as sunburnt as Ann. Thanks mom for the Chacos--they were much needed. I have never eaten so much fruit in my life! In my adventure, pineapple has definitely been consumed daily. Can't wait to see everyone soon! I love you all!
¡Hasta luego! Ellie


And shout out to sunkissed Grace who can't be taaaaamed.





No comments:

Post a Comment