Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ellen...

Today we crossed the halfway mark of our trip, and it still seems surreal. We started off ziplining over the treetops and caving through the crevices and abysses of the earth (or so it seemed). After moving on from La Fortuna we arrived at the low key island town of Puerto Viejo, which I regret to leave this morning. Here we've seen lions and tigers and bears. Lies, but we did see sloths and monkeys and snakes.
Our screened in hotel room let us experience wildlife firsthand (........). Bugs have certainly helped me get out of out comfort zone. In fact, I've discovered a newfound "Not Happening" zone thanks to cicadas and banana spiders. At the first dinner in Puerto Viejo there was a reggae musician named Mateo, whose authentic island vibe was very exciting and unexpected. This trip has given me so many angles to see the true Costa Rica, each one new and interesting. Can't wait to share all of my new sights and adventures; we'll see if I can shut up in church on Easter Sunday.
Xoxoxo
"Elena", Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment