Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Group 2 is en route to La Fortuna!

Hola famillia! Yesterday was a great day and I'm having so much fun. I haven't gotten sick yet! Yesterday we were in a small city and we met a ton of locals and I loved all the little kids. I played a lot of games with them and they were so cute. We got our host family and they had the cutest little dog, it was a much smaller and fluffier version of Jeezy. I took a lot of pictures and videos. Pura Vida!
- Lana

¡Hola Mama! We just finished our home stays and they were amazing. My host family was so sweet and amazing. My host mom cooked some very delicious food for me. I don't wanna leave Costa Rica.  We have amazing guides who are helping me have the TIME OF MY LIFE. The scenery here is gorgeous. Love you and wish you were here with me! ¡PURA VIDA!
~Amaya

Hey mom and dad,
We just left our home stays. I had a great time in Tres Equis. One member of my host family was Emily. She was in the sixth grade and she was a dancer. We taught her how to shag. Last night the kids from the school had a dance recital and, afterwards, they invited us to go up and dance with them. I was a little bit scared at first because I can't dance very well but one little boy taught me some cool dance steps and I ended up having a great time!
-Kat Woody

Hola familia!! Today we are leaving the homestays and going to La fortuna. The homestays at tres Equis was AMAZING my host mom and dad were very nice and the kids were adorable. Yesterday we played with the local kids and some girls made me some drawings. Our guides chris and Josie are great and they're making this trip amazing. I haven't gotten sick yet and I feel great. The food is great but I'm getting tired of eating rice and beans every meal. Also last night at tres Equis the kids at the school danced for us and we also learned how to salsa and merengue. Let's just say the locals are very  good at dancing and moving their hips lol. Anyways we'll be back to the US three days, see y'all then bc I know y'all miss me!❤️❤️ A Cachete!!!
-Morgan


Mother, Father,
      Day six, skin is worsening. pura vida.
                   Porter

Hey guys, we are on the way to La Fortuna now, and we just left our home stays. I loved the chance to meet my family and practice my Spanish. I miss you guys and hope all is well, love y'all.

- Cle

Mom & dad,
Costa Rica is still great, we are on the bus to the volcano now. Tres Equis (where we did homestays) is beautiful and everyone is so nice!! My host family was super sweet and I'm sad to leave them but I miss my real family! See y'all soon and I hope everything in Columbia is great too. Love you!
Pura vida, Anne Morrison (P.S, we are giving Parker a ride home on Friday night because her parents are out of town)

Hey Familia!
We spent the past two nights in Tres Equis, where we lived with a host family. I absolutely loved mine and I was super sad to leave because I grew so close with them and my Spanish was improving. We played soccer with the locals and even watched them perform a dance and then got to dance and play with them (absolutely in love with one of the boys-he was precious!!). We got a lot of work done at the service project and I can't wait to see how it turns out. This has been my favorite part of the trip so far, but I'm super excited for caving today and the volcano activities. Can't wait to see y'all! Love and miss you!
- Sadie

Hey everyone! We just left our home stays in Tres Equis. My family was so amazing, and I was sad to leave them so soon. I have never met a group of people as happy and kind as the people of Tres Equis. I wish we had more time there, but we are on the way to La Fortuna right now, which should be super fun as well! Love y'all!
-Mason

Dear Momma and Dad,
Warm showers and clean smelling clothes have now become distant memories but that hasn't stopped all of us from having a blast during our homestays in Tres Equis! Last night we got to experience a ton of the culture and dance with the cutest little kids. My host family couldn't have been nicer and I'm super excited to be headed to La Fortuna today! Love ya mean it!
-Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment