Thursday, March 23, 2017

Group One, covering the past three days.

After staying in Tres Equis, I can easily say it was a place like no other. Victoria and I stayed with a fabulous family who took us to their daughter's dance class. The next day those same kids from the class danced for and with the whole group and it was my favorite part of the whole trip. ¡Pura Vida!
-Marchant Harris, Arboles Frijoles

The home stays in Tres Equis were one of the best parts of the entire trip. Being able to have this amazing opportunity to stay with an amazing family in a super friendly town was a life changing experience. The families were so nice and made the entire group feel welcomed. While in Tres Equis, we were able to give back to the community by working super hard on a new building all the hammond groups worked on throughout the trip. They were all very thankful for all the work we put into it and I'm really glad because they completely deserved it. To see how little they had but how happy they were made a huge impact on my perspective of things. We ended our last night in Tres Equis by dancing with some cute local kids for about two hours. It was so fun and my favorite part of the trip. Saying Goodbye to them was so hard. They've impacted my life for the better and I'm glad to have met them and had this opportunity. I will never forget them.
-Mikayla Turner, Arboles Frijoles

Today we went White Water Rafting. Even though I have done this many other times, this river was a new experience for me. I was with Victoria, Susanna, Simeon, and Mr.Lumpkin for the 4 hour trip on the water. It was amazing going under the waterfalls and over the Class 4 rapids. Even with all this new excitement, I am ready to be home with my family. ¡Pura Vida!
- Fo Anderson, Arboles Frijoles

This trip has been so fun! After two nights at the home stays eating some of the best food ever (sorry mom and dad), we went white water rafting. The water was really cold but the rafting was still fantastic. Overall, I would have to say that the home stay was one of my favorite parts of the trip. It was really cool to see and experience the culture of Costa Rica first hand.
-Riley Elenz

We went to the small town of Tres Equis to stay with Costa Rican families in their homes for two nights and do community service. It was eye opening and probably my favorite part of the trip. They are the most considerate people and they really care. I got to practice my Spanish because they spoke no English at all. Today we went white water rafting and that is tied for my favorite activity with zip lining. We leave tomorrow and Im excited to see the fam and dogs
-Anna Felder

No comments:

Post a Comment